Incompatibility with "Norton Safety Minder"
You cannot use Norton Safety Minder if you are using Avira Antivirus Suite, Avira Internet Security Suite, Avira Family Protection Suite, Avira Ultimate Protection Suite or Avira Professional Security with installed Web Protection. Due to the use of the Web Protection technology that monitors the Internet traffic, the child protection software Norton Safety Minder cannot function effectively. This is why there is a corresponding notification before the installation of the Norton Safety Minder commences.
If you want to use both products on one computer, you will have to uninstall the Web Protection as part of Avira's virus protection. Please note that Avira Family Protection Suite and Avira Ultimate Protection Suite already contain a child protection feature that requires an installed Web Protection module.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Professional Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Family Protection Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Wednesday, July 28, 2010
- Last updated: Friday, January 17, 2014
- Rate this article