Manual update of the Avira virus definition files
If you do not have Internet access to update your Antivirus, take the advantage and perform a manual update of your Avira virus definition files via the Avira Fusebundle Generator.
The following instruction applies only to Avira products starting with version 2012.
It is also highly recommended to perform an Avira product upgrade to the latest Antivirus version.
Update process of the virus definition files (VDF)
Created the VDF Fusebundle archive
- Use a computer with Internet access to download the current Avira Fusebundle Generator
- Extract the downloaded file: avira_fusebundlegen-win32-en.zip
- Open the extracted folder and double-click the file: fusebundle.exe
- The Fusebundle archive (vdf_fusebundle.zip) is created. The creation of the archive may last up to a few minutes
- Open the folder install and copy the new created vdf_fusebundle.zip file onto a data carrier (USB memory, CD-ROM, etc.). It is not necessary to extract the ZIP file
Updating the Antivirus
- Connect the data carrier to the computer without internet access
- Open the "Avira Control Center" via the Avira icon in the taskbar
- Click in the menu bar Update → Manual update, select the vdf_fusebundle.zip file from the connected data carrier and click Open
- Avira Antivirus updates automatically the latest virus definitions
The Fusebundle archive was generated for the Avira version 2013 and requires no further change.
When using the Fusebundles for an Avira version 2012 on a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system, enter the parameter platform=win32 in the “fusebundle.conf“.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Friday, April 13, 2007
- Last updated: Friday, October 16, 2015
- Rate this article