Would it be wrong to install multiple antivirus programs in parallel?
If you want to install more antivirus programs in parallel, you have to observe the following rules:
- Install only one on-access scanner (Realtime Protection).
- Decide which on-access scanner you trust most, before carrying out the installation. If you want to install the new one, deactivate the current scanner first.
- Do not install more web filters and firewalls, when installing multiple Security Suites.
Otherwise, the computer performance and Internet connection may be impaired. Usually, it is possible to install parallel scanners, which have manual search command. But some error messages may appear if antivirus software uses decrypted search strings or if it only repaired fragments of a file.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Wednesday, January 7, 2009
- Last updated: Friday, October 16, 2015
- Rate this article