AntiVir stops working after Microsoft Update in Windows 2000
Since the Microsoft patch day from 04/13/2011, there is an error message in Windows 2000 after the reboot: "The procedure entry point FindActCtxSectionStringW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.".
The AntiVir icon on the taskbar has disappeared and the AntiVir Control Center cannot be started anymore.
This behavior is caused by the Microsoft update of the Visual C++ Redistributables 2008 SP1.
Hence you should uninstall the Redistributable with version 9.0.30729.5570.
You can navigate to the list of installed programs via
Start → Settings → Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs
and then install this version from the following link:
Then the product should work correctly again. A reboot of your system might be necessary.
For more support steps please do not hesitate to contact Avira support
- Avira AntiVir Premium, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus, Version 10 [Windows]
- Avira Premium Security Suite, Version 10 [Windows]
- Created : Thursday, April 14, 2011
- Last updated: Thursday, July 14, 2011
- Rate this article