This article describes the integration of a license file via the Internet Update Manager.
Using SMC, you can easily distribute a license file to the network clients. The steps are described in the following article: How can I distribute a new license via Avira SMC?
If you only use the Avira IUM, here is how you can distribute a license file:
The license has to be stored in a special subdirectory of the IUM. Please create the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira\Avira Internet Update Manager\HttpRoot\release\update\license
- Copy the new license file with the name HBEDV.KEY into the license directory
The license file is then available in the update structure, so it will be automatically downloaded and installed with the next update.
Using the Linux Internet Update Manager you should copy the license file into the directory „/var/avira/ium/HttpRoot/release/update/license“.
As a prerequisite this procedure requires however that a product already exists in Windows as well as in Linux on the Internet Update Manager. That’s because otherwise no update directory would have been created.
- Avira AntiVir Internet Update Manager [Windows]
- Avira Security Management Center [Windows]
- Avira SmallBusiness Suite [Windows]
- Avira AntiVir Professional, Version 10 [Windows]
- Created : Monday, January 4, 2010
- Last updated: Thursday, March 8, 2012
- Rate this article