Upgrade Avira AntiVir WebGate version 3.1 to version 3.3
If you have an Avira AntiVir WebGate version 1.3 in use and you would like to update your product to the latest version WebGate version 3.3 you have to proceed as follows:
Please, do not install the latest WebGate version 3.1 on top of the version 3.1.
To achieve a successful upgrade, the Avira AntiVir WebGate version 3.1 needs to be uninstalled and the current Avira AntiVir WebGate version 3.3 reinstalled.
Uninstall the WebGate version 3.1 with the help of the uninstall-script in the directory: /usr/lib/AntiVir/uninstall
Take the opportunity to back up the license key and the configuration files during the uninstallation.
The backup data is stored by default into the following directory: /var/backups/avira.
Backup existing license key:
Would you like to back-up these key-files? [n] y
Backup existing configuration files:
Would you like to back-up these conf-files? [n] y
- After successful uninstallation, download the latest Avira AntiVir WebGate version 3.3 from our website and install it.
- Once the latest product of Avira AntiVir WebGate 3.3 has been installed, compare the saved data of the previous version 3.1 with the current version 3.3 and adapt them as needed.
- Avira AntiVir WebGate [Linux]
- Avira WebGate Suite [Linux]
- Created : Friday, August 17, 2012
- Last updated: Thursday, February 28, 2013
- Rate this article