Windows Firewall cannot be disabled via Group Policy
You defined in your group policy that your firewall should be disabled.
However, after installing several Avira products the Windows operating system loads the default configuration of Windows Firewall.
The reason therefore is that the start of the service "NLA (Network Location Awareness)" takes too long. In that case Windows loads the default firewall configuration instead of the settings you define.
To fix this, go to the Windows service management: Start → Run → services.msc
Locate the service "NLA (Network Location Awareness)" or "Network Location Awareness (NLA)." Go with a right mouse click on the Properties of the service and then set the startup type to "Automatic".
After a restart of the Windows operating system, the firewall should work properly.
- Avira Professional Security [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Pro [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security Suite [Windows]
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite [Windows]
- Created : Tuesday, January 24, 2012
- Last updated: Tuesday, November 17, 2015
- Rate this article