- For Home
- For Business
What can I do in case error message "Error 7" or "Feature Control File missing" appears?
In some cases it may happen that because of a Windows system recovery the Avira uninstall routine gets damaged and the following error message appears:
In this case it is necessary, to perform a manual uninstallation.
After you uninstalled your Avira product manually, you can install the product again.
- Navigate to the download page to the products for home
Select your product and then click on Download
In the following dialog click on Save file and save the installer file in a folder of your choice, e.g. on the Desktop
Once the file has been downloaded, start the installer with a double-click on the file
Confirm the possible security warning with a click on Run.
In the Welcome screen click on Next
- In the next window choose the language in which you want to install your Avira product (e.g. English (English)) and click Next
- Now the installation process starts
In the dialog for the installation type choose the option Express (Recommended) and accept the End User License Agreement
Click on Next
- Type in your activation code and click on Next
After your Avira product has been installed, you will be asked to restart your computer the last time to finish the installation process
In the dialog click on Yes
After the system restart, the above mentioned dialog should not appear anymore. But in case it still does, please don’t hesitate to contact support quoting the number of this KB-article (in this case 1075).
- Avira Free Antivirus [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security 2013 [Windows]
- Avira Antivirus Premium, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Free Antivirus, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Avira Internet Security, Version 2012 [Windows]
- Created : Thursday, October 13, 2011
- Last updated: Thursday, March 7, 2013
- Rate this article
Become an Avira Partner
Want to be the leading provider of small and medium business security? Become an Avira partner and offer your customers powerful, cost-effective security trusted by over 100 million users worldwide.Discover the Avira Partner Program Enroll as an Avira partner today Log in to PartnerNet