Avira Launches Free Mobile Security App For Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod
Tettnang, Germany --- October 7, 2013 – Security expert Avira announced today the launch of Avira Mobile Security app for Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod. In addition to scanning for malicious processes that may be corrupting your iOS device, Avira Mobile Security is the only security app to integrate a free 5GB cloud storage account to let users instantly free up space to take more pictures or videos, or to access and share media while on the go.
Avira Mobile Security is available now, for free, in the utilities section of the Apple App Store. It is available for English and German languages and works on any device running iOS 6.0 or higher.
The Avira security app was designed with high quality standards and includes the ability to:
- Scan to detect any malicious or rogue processes running on your iPhone or iPad
- Verify if the OS is up-to-date, and check if anyone has tried to jailbreak the device
- Back-up or share photos and videos with a free 5GB secure cloud storage account
- Make your device ‘scream’ out loud if it gets lost, or let you track its location on a map
“When we asked our customers and engineers to re-envision what ‘security’ means on a mobile device, we found that it’s not only about protecting the device and the data, it’s about being able to protect all your devices with an essential set of security applications. You feel secure because you don’t need to think about security,” said Travis Witteveen, CEO of Avira. “That complete protection and peace of mind is what Avira Mobile Security delivers. At a time when even phones are no longer secure from the bad guys, Avira is a security brand that you can trust to work flawlessly and consistently across all your mobile devices, on your laptop, and in the cloud.”
- Install Avira Mobile Security: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/avira-mobile-security/id692893556?mt=8
- Follow Avira’s TechBlog: http://techblog.avira.com/en
- Find community, support and tips on Facebook: www.facebook.com/avira
- Show us what else you would like Avira to protect through our Vine contest: http://tinyurl.com/lm34dl4
Rocket Science PR, for Avira
Rich Mullikin, APR
Tel: +1 415 464 8110 x216
Mobile: +1 925 354 7444
Flutlicht GmbH, for Avira
Mobil +49-170-225 2603
Avira protects people in the connected world - enabling everyone to manage, secure, and improve their digital lives. The Avira umbrella covers a portfolio of security and performance applications for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. In addition, the reach of our protective technologies extends through OEM partnerships. Our security solutions consistently lead in independent tests for detection, performance, and usability. Avira is a family-owned company with headquarters near Lake Constance, in Tettnang, Germany, and additional offices in Munich, Bucharest, Beijing, and Silicon Valley. A portion of Avira's sales support the Auerbach Foundation, which assists education, children, and families in need.
Avira provides IT-security protection to computers, smartphones, servers and networks, delivered as both software and cloud-based services. Visit www.avira.com.