Avira Launches “First Aid Kit” for Computer Viruses
Emergency Boot Disk Repairs Infected Computers; Rescues Lost Data
Tettnang, Germany --- August 1, 2013 – Security expert Avira announced today the launch of Avira Rescue System, a software “First Aid Kit” for scanning and repairing PC computers that are already infected with viruses, Trojans, worms or other malware. The Avira Rescue System will also back up data that would otherwise be lost.
The Avira Rescue System works for Windows OS and is available in both German and English languages. It can be downloaded for free onto any CD or USB stick to keep for emergencies.
Users do not need to be Avira customers, and Avira invites everyone to download a copy to keep in case their current antivirus software should ever fail them.
“We can save you a trip to the computer repair shop, and a lot of headaches as well,” said Andreas Flach, vice president of products and services for Avira. “Just as everyone should have a first aid kit in the house, we want everyone to keep a copy of Avira Rescue System handy. In most cases it will help you get your system up and running again, and you don’t need to be an Avira customer to use it. Rescue System will even back up your data and give you a second opinion to any scan or repair diagnosis coming from another antivirus product. ”
The Avira Rescue System is designed for non-technical people to be able to clean and repair their own computers by following a wizard that leads users step-by-step. Yet the tool is powerful enough for pro PC users, too. Avira Rescue System includes:
- A Live System that scans and repairs Windows PCs that do not boot or are unresponsive for other reasons where it is assumed that the system is infected by malware.
- A rescue system that allows copying data that would otherwise be lost to a safe place.
- A registry editor that allows manual edits to the Windows registry.
- A tool that allows Avira Support staff to remotely access the computer (if the customer agrees) to assist the customer in repairing their computer system.
The Avira Rescue System itself runs on the Ubuntu platform as an independent application, and therefore it can be used on a variety of different computer hardware and it supports a huge number of drivers.
- Download Avira Rescue System for free: http://www.avira.com/en/download/product/avira-rescue-system
- Follow Avira’s TechBlog: http://techblog.avira.com/en
- Join the Avira community on Facebook: www.facebook.com/avira
Rocket Science PR, for Avira
Rich Mullikin, APR
Tel: +1 415 464 8110 x216
Mobile: +1 925 354 7444
Flutlicht GmbH, for Avira
Mobil +49-170-225 2603
Avira protects people in the connected world – enabling everyone to manage, secure, and improve their digital lives. The Avira umbrella covers a portfolio of security and performance applications for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. In addition, the reach of our protective technologies extends through OEM partnerships. Our security solutions consistently lead in independent tests for detection, performance, and usability. Avira is a family-owned company that employs 500 people. Its headquarters are near Lake Constance, in Tettnang, Germany, and the company has additional offices in Munich, Bucharest, Beijing, and Silicon Valley. A portion of Avira's sales support the Auerbach Foundation, which assists education, children, and families in need. For more information about Avira visit www.avira.com.