Avira Updates Professional Security Software Lineup with More Muscle, Less Weight
Tettnang, Germany --- January 31, 2013 – Security expert Avira announced today several updates to its professional security product line: Avira Professional Security 2013; Avira Server Security 2013; and Avira Management Console. These products are available today for free evaluation at Avira’s download page.
The common goal across all three product updates was to continue to engineer more malware detection capabilities while at the same time reducing system load; to work smarter, not harder.
Avira Professional Security 2013 Avira Professional now comes with the Avira Protection Cloud. This technology improves the classical malware detection methods by using online services for analysis of new, undiscovered threats and also improves the reaction time in the unlikely event of a false positive.
These updates also include:
- Runs on Windows 8
- Features Avira Protection Cloud, which:
- ensures the latest Anti-Malware Technology
- results in very low consumption of resources
- is superior for avoiding false positives
- Updates automatically with merged product updates and VDF/engine updates
Avira Server Security 2013
Version 2013 of Avira Server Security now enforces timely product updates to prevent obsolescence in the form of very old product versions that may have reduced detection rates. Avira Server Security also runs on the current Windows Server 2012.
Avira Management Console
Currently on version 2.7, the Avira Management Console (AMC) now supports the latest versions of Avira Professional Security 2013 and Avira Server Security 2013. In addition:
- Rollout of Avira software packages is now decentralized and done directly from the configured Avira Update Manager (AUM) server to ensure lower network traffic during rollout to client computers in branch offices
- Client computers can be assigned to groups automatically into pre-defined groups (such as IP address range) or freely definable. Clients can be added to an existing or new group before the installation
- It is now possible to export and import client configurations. It is also possible to transfer a group configuration
”Every day we see new threats emerge, giving our antivirus products more and more things to track and block. For our 2013 professional product updates, our engineers decided to meet the ever-increasing malware challenge by working smarter, not harder, and keeping system load low,” said Sorin Mustaca, Product Manager and IT Security Expert.
Version 2013 updates of Avira’s professional products are available now.
- Product details and free evaluation download of Avira Professional Security 2013 (for Windows and Unix) is available here
- Product details and free evaluation download of Avira Server Security 2013 (for Windows and Unix) is available here
- Product details for Avira Management Console can be found here
Rocket Science PR, for Avira
Rich Mullikin, APR
Tel: +1 415 464 8110 x216
Mobile: +1 925 354 7444
Flutlicht GmbH, for Avira
Avira protects people in the connected world - enabling everyone to manage, secure, and improve their digital lives. The Avira umbrella covers a portfolio of security and performance applications for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. In addition, the reach of our protective technologies extends through OEM partnerships. Our security solutions consistently lead in independent tests for detection, performance, and usability. Avira is a family-owned company with headquarters near Lake Constance, in Tettnang, Germany, and additional offices in Munich, Bucharest, Beijing, and Silicon Valley. A portion of Avira's sales support the Auerbach Foundation, which assists education, children, and families in need.
Avira provides IT-security protection to computers, smartphones, servers and networks, delivered as both software and cloud-based services. Visit www.avira.com.