Avira Launches 2013 Antivirus Security Software Line; Extends Protection from Computers to Consumers
New Features Include Protection Cloud, Social Network Protection, Tracking Blocker and URL Reputation Services
Tettnang, Germany --- September 27, 2012 – IT security expert Avira today announced the arrival of the Avira 2013 product line, which includes Avira Free Antivirus, Avira Antivirus Premium 2013, Avira Internet Security 2013, and Avira Internet Security Plus.
The 2013 version of Avira’s Free Antivirus software adds 6 new security features making it the most comprehensive free antivirus products on the market. Avira’s premium products have 8 new features. These new features give consumers a more secure browsing experience by protecting them from Internet scams and threats, in addition to keeping their computers free of viruses and malware.
“With over 100 million users worldwide, our goal with Avira 2013 was to offer protection to people no matter what device they use, and we did that by adding many user oriented features to this release, making it the most feature-rich solution we’ve ever made,” said Sorin Mustaca, product manager and data security expert at Avira. “We’ve also kept the resources footprint small, so users will not notice any slowdown in computer performance.”
Moving from Computer Security to User Security
The following new features added to the Avira 2013 family of products are all designed to protect not just computer devices, but also computer users -- wherever they are and whatever device they’re using:
- Avira Protection Cloud – Avira’s leading cloud technology identifies malware faster by uploading suspicious files for instant analysis. (Available for paid users)
- Browser Tracking Blocker – Gives users control over their privacy while browsing the internet by blocking trackers that gather data about your browsing activity.
- Website Safety Advisor – Protects users from scams, phishing and suspicious sites by displaying safe, low-risk or high-risk icons on the search results and any webpage they visit.
- Social Network Protection – Notifies parents and children of suspicious or worrisome activity on social networks (such as predators or your child being bullied online) so they can take appropriate action.
- Android Security – Safeguards users’ Android phones and the valuable data it holds. Users can locate it when lost, lock it and even wipe the data remotely.
- More Frequent Updates for Free Users - Avira Free Antivirus now updates every 6 hours instead of every 24 hours, giving users more current protection.
- Network Folder Scanning - Shared folders like Dropbox and network folders are becoming more common, and with it comes the increased risk of spreading malware. Avira now scans network folders in addition local folders to keep computers free of infection. (Available for paid users)
- No Advertising Pop-ups for Avira Free AntiVirus Users - Users who install Avira’s SearchFree toolbar will no longer have pop-up ads displayed to them. The SearchFree toolbar includes Browser Tracking Blocker and Website Safety. As always Avira’s paid products are without advertising, independent of toolbar installation.
Experts Market Gives Geeks Opportunity to Make $$ Solving Computer Problems
One of the additional services introduced with the Avira 2013 product suite – and totally unique to the antivirus industry -- is Experts Market, an online community where computer geeks can hire out their services to assist other users worldwide with any computer problems they may have. Avira is recruiting experts for the marketplace in advance of a full consumer launch next month.
Pricing and Availability:
Avira’s 2013 line up of antivirus security software is available today for English and German languages. French, Japanese, Chinese and other localizations will be available beginning in the second half of November. To download Avira 2013, visit: Avira’s site. Retail pricing is:
|Product||Price - Germany||Price – US|
|Avira Free Antivirus||FREE||FREE|
|Avira Antivirus Premium 2013||€ 19.95||$ 29.99|
|Avira Internet Security 2013||€ 39.95||$ 59.99|
|Avira Internet Security Plus
(Internet Security 2013 plus Avira System Speedup)
|€ 54.95*||$ 82.49*|
Rocket Science PR, for Avira
Rich Mullikin, APR
Tel: +1 415 464 8110 x216
Mobile: +1 925 354 7444
Flutlicht GmbH, for Avira
More than 100 million consumers and small businesses depend upon Avira’s security expertise and award-winning antivirus software, making the company the number-two market share leader globally. Avira is ranked #1 in technology innovation according to ABI Research; recommended by Consumer Reports for its free antivirus software; cited by OPSWAT as the #1 fastest-growing antivirus vendor in 2012 and the #2 largest vendor worldwide in 2011; and has received a nearly unbroken string of Virus Bulletin VB100 awards for the past decade.
Avira provides IT-security protection to computers, smartphones, servers and networks, delivered as both software and cloud-based services. Visit www.avira.com.