Machine Learning Engineer
Avira is looking for experienced Machine Learning Engineers to join us on our mission to leverage one of Europe’s largest customer databases and create an industry leading recommendation engine. We work on large scale systems processing terabytes of data every day, using Hadoop with its wide range of tools (like Hive, Pig, MapReduce, Impala), Mahout and scripting languages like Python or R. Our challenges include scaling in-session product recommendations up to millions of users and gathering data from all our users in real-time. As a Machine Learning Engineer, your job is to build solutions that enhance the richness and quality of our product utilizing big data analytics techniques and machine learning algorithms. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. The team works in quick iterations, using the technologies and algorithms best suited for solving challenging problems such as text classification and recommendation systems.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable classification, regression, recommendation, object recognition or text understanding systems
- Research and implement novel, distributed and scalable machine learning and statistical approaches
- Working closely with software engineering teams to build a recommendation engine performing real time product recommendations up to 100 mio users.
- Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for training and prediction
- University degree in machine learning/artificial intelligence or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of work experience in software development
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g. Mahout, MATLAB, Python)
- Proficient with Java or PHP
- An active interest in natural language processing, data mining, artificial intelligence, and statistics
- Knowledge of distributed systems and parallel computing
Having some of the following constitutes a strong advantage:
- Other NoSQL database experience (MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase or other)
- Advanced MySQL or MapReduce knowledge
- Experience with handling large amounts of data (usage of Apache Lucene, Solr, Elastic Search)
If you are enthusiastic about broadening your technical expertise and have a desire to work in an environment that promotes creativity, research, innovation and fun, we would love to hear from you!