Linux System Administrator
As a member of our International IT Team you will be responsible for maintaining and expanding our existing Linux infrastructure in a heterogeneous server landscape that is positioned at various locations and in different countries. Your technical focus will be on managing our internal application servers. Your work will help ensure the consistent operation of the systems and their availability for our customers. You will reinforce our on-call capability, and you will act as a contact partner for our Online Business department. Furthermore, you will execute IT projects in the Linux environment and take on tasks relating to implementation, design and coordination.
- Maintaining and expanding our existing Linux server environment
- Administer the implemented Linux server applications (Apache, Postfix, Samba, BIND, DHCP)
- Monitoring of the various Linux systems and their applications using standard analysis tools (tcpdump)
- Performance analysis and Optimizations of exiting systems
- Technical documentation of solutions
- Incident handling in case of emergencies related to business critical systems
- Ensure at least 99% availability of the key applications and systems
Keys to hiring
We believe that empowered, self-motivated teams can accomplish huge things. Our stack contains both NoSQL and relational databases and tools, we believe in right tool, right job.
- You should have a minimum of a BS or an MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Several years of practical and strategic QA experience in an IT environment as well as having the experience in building and implementing QA processes and strategy
- Very good understanding of Linux (Centos, Ubuntu) / Unix/ Apache Tomcat/ LDAP
- Very good understanding of Java, Bash, PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, GlusterFS
- Experience managing enterprise Java applications
- Good knowledge of Couchbase
- Experience with Release management tools (e.g., Maven, Jenkins)
- Basic understanding of Hadoop, MR, HBase, Couch, Mahout is a plus
- Must be self-driven and motivated about getting results fast and finding permanent solutions later
- Strong interest in learning latest technologies and model agile processes
- Experience with security products/companies is a plus
- Experience in PKI- Certification management system and provision of public certificates
- Experience in network administration
- Excellent written and spoken English
This job is based in Bucharest
Please submit your application including your salary requirements and availability by sending your resume at email@example.com.