Junior Tester Engineer
As a member of an international team, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of security software for our customers worldwide, which currently number around 100 million. Your duties will focus in ensuring the quality of our software components (applications, libraries, system services) using modern software engineering methods and tests.
- As a multidisciplinary feature team member, you will work closely with software developers. You will ensure that technical specifications are correct and complete and you will assist in problem analysis when necessary. As the contact person to Automation, you will ensure that automatic tests have sufficient test coverage and you will carry out manual tests and reviews.
- Our customers trust our global successful security solution, of which the software developed is a component, but also have high expectations. Utilizing your knowledge and expertise, you will contribute to ensuring that our software always meets our high quality standards.
- You will be responsible for identifying various issues in our software, creating testing scenarios and writing automatic tests for those scenarios.
- Utilizing test best-practices, you will report found issues through bug tracking system, effectively following up and communicating test results.
- You will also be responsible for improving the reliability, performance, range of functions and usability of our software and for pointing out any weaknesses.
- You work in a highly independent manner, show initiative and are self-directed. You believe that positive co-operation and open communications both within a team and with other departments is of utmost importance.
- You are open to applying new concepts and technologies and are seeking to further develop both your professional and personal skills.
- Knowledge of Unix/Windows system architecture
- Knowledge of MS Office suites (Ms. Office, Openoffice etc.)
- Good written and spoken English skills
- High expectations with regard to quality, both for yourself as a person and for our software
- Analytical skills along with an interest in investigating problems
- Quick adaptation of complicated relationships
- Great sense of responsibility and commitment
Desirable additional skills:
- Experience in quality assurance, test automation or software development
- Knowledge of and experience in test methods and processes
- Knowledge of Unix/Windows security, (i.e. firewall, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-rootkit, network security)
- Certification as an ISTQB Certified Tester or a similar certification, Microsoft certification (such as MCSE)
- Experience working with network protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, POP3, http, SSL/TLS)
- Skilled in programming and scripting (e.g. Bash/Batch, Python, Perl)
- Experience with Agile processes
- Interest in possibly also taking on project responsibility
- Disciplined, friendly, capable of working in a team, with a desire for self-improvement and continuous evolution.
- Varied tasks in an expanding company with above average growth
- Independent working in an international team
- The opportunity to work and develop knowledge in a professional environment.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Continuous training
Send us your resume at email@example.com.